An Example of Not Using Your Intuition

Here is an employment related example of not using your intuition and the lessons learned from the experience. I wrote a guest post earlier this year about using intuition in a job search. I thought I would share an actual experience of what it is like to not use your intuition.

Intuition in Real Life

Don’t think that if you are intuitive, you have to all of a sudden open up a psychic practice. Intuition may be thought of as that “wu-wu” stuff, but it can have real life practical applications. It can be very useful in day to day interactions with friends, family, and co-workers and is worth developing.

Paying attention to the small, quiet signals that you are given throughout the day is key to accepting your  intuitive abilities. Keeping a journal of your intuitive hits and misses can also help you to grow your trust in your own intuition.

The Long Road of Unemployment

I am writing this from a “been through that” perspective. We have been down the road of unemployment. Someone very close to me had two different prospective jobs lined up at one point and had been through the second and third interviews. He was waiting on a call from either employer.

The one he had really hoped would call did not call on the day they had said they were going to,  but the other one did. He said he would think about the offer and have a final decision in a few days. He kept hoping the other company would call. They did not.

He returned the call of the company who had made the offer and said yes to the position. My heart sank when I heard him say yes. I knew right then it was a wrong move, but the deed was done.

The first day of the job for him was not a good report. Neither were the days and months to follow. He came to find out that the company who had not called had severe flooding damage and could not get into their office building. He ended up leaving the job he accepted after about seven months.

A Lesson Learned

Was it a good lesson? Yes. We both learned to listen to our intuition and not ignore the warning lights and sirens that were going off in both of our heads. We learned the hard way that a logical override was a poor choice in this circumstance. We have since moved on from that period of our lives, but I will say it was a difficult time in both of us.

I have since taken a different perspective on working for an employer and quit my day job a few weeks ago. The road of self-employment may not be rosy all the time, but at least I know I will never fire myself.

Intuitive Readings

Wondering if you are in the right career or line of work? Book a reading and find out who you really are at soul level.

Free Numerology Reading – Do you often see the numbers 11:11, 12:12 or even 12:34 appearing everywhere you go? This is no coincidence. The Universe is about to tell you something. Discover the meaning of those numbers when you request a personalized Numerology reading based on your name and birth date. Get a free numerology reading by clicking here!

Manifesting Through The Akashic Records – Have you ever wondered why some things seem so hard to manifest? Click here to watch this free training.

Learn How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes – Learn powerful yet simple energy techniques to tap into your spiritual body so you can easily fine tune your physical world for more health, wealth, love, inner peace and clarity. Click here to access this free training.

elpidio - July 3, 2011

Yes it’s true with our wrong perspective we lose a lot of opportunity.

Lindsay - July 3, 2011

“At least I know I will never fire myself.” LOL! Good one. 🙂

I ignored my intuition about this job that I have right now and I’m paying the price emotionally. Sigh. Live & learn, right?

Justin | Spiritual Development - July 3, 2011

Learning to trust and use our intuition can be very difficult for the mind to accept.

Once we are able to get the mind to get out of the way we can begin to use our intuition to our advantage.
Justin | Spiritual Development’s last post ..Signs And Symbols – Real Life ExamplesMy Profile

Laurra Warnke - July 5, 2011

Hi Justin,

Doesn’t it feel great when we can see through the “logic” and listen to our heart and soul? It just makes life so much more fun with fewer obligations.

Sue - July 4, 2011

I do try and go with my instincts but whilst jobs seem interesting initially they always end up boring with hardly anything to do – I just assume this is how I’m meant to be but I do wish something a bit more challenging would be chosen for me.

Laurra Warnke - July 5, 2011

Hi Sue,

It sounds like you may have a bit of Karma going on. Karma isn’t bad or good, just there to be a teacher. Until you make a different underlying choice, the same scenarios will keep coming up for you to deal with.

What is the underlying energy behind the choice of job? That may give you some clues on why jobs for you generally run into the same obstacles.

Todd | Channelingmyself - July 4, 2011

What do you think about using a pendulum to help gain access to our intuition that we might otherwise ignore?
Todd | Channelingmyself’s last post ..Ask ErikMy Profile

Laurra Warnke - July 4, 2011

Hi Todd,

Using a dowsing pendulum is one of my favorite methods of gaining access to answers that otherwise get swept under the rug. The key is to ask very specific questions from your pendulum. There is really a high degree of accuracy in pendulum dowsing, if the questions are asked in the right manner. I highly recommend the book by Andrea Hess, Unlock Your Intuition, How to Accurately and Reliably Access Your Most Valuable Resource, which is available from Amazon as a good way to get started.

Todd | Channelingmyself - July 4, 2011

Thanks for the info Laura. I’ve been having a lot of fun with my pendulum I probably should cleanse the energies first though.
Todd | Channelingmyself’s last post ..Ask ErikMy Profile

Anna Barlowe - July 5, 2011

Oooh, I love pendulums too – I have a ridiculously large collection of them, made by the lovely Eva Browning at Askyourpendulum.com.

I use them less for dowsing than for crystal and color therapy, because I tend to trust my own intuition over dowsing tools in general. But they are soothing and so useful to occupy restless hands. 🙂

elpidio - July 6, 2011

Is there another way to use our intuition, Is this true or something illusive to our mind.