Develop and Trust Your Intuition
Learn five ways to develop and trust your intuition so you can hear your inner voice. Begin trusting your intuition and let it guide you through life.
You know your intuition is your greatest asset when utilized to its fullest ability. When you receive those golden nuggets of insight and clarity it feels like you can finally see through to the end of a dark tunnel.
So, why is it so difficult to have those moments of clarity when we need them? Over time outside influences such as family, friends, and your job can erode your confidence and leave you feeling as though your intuition is hit and miss.
I receive a lot of questions about how to develop and trust your intuition when I talk to clients during a private reading. I thought I would share some of my thoughts here today.
What Is Intuition?
In a nutshell, intuition is the ability to receive thoughts and impressions of situations or events without the help of your other five senses. Intuition is best described as your inner knowing or your inner guidance system.
We are all born with intuition as a basic instinct. It helps to keep us safe from harm. One of the reasons it can seem difficult to recognize your intuition is because of how messages come through. Some of you have a gut feeling, while others literally hear words or phrases, some get a strong feeling and or you may see pictures or colors in your mind.
In fact, intuition is best used and suited for day-to-day events. If you have experienced a lot of struggle in certain areas of your life, you may have difficulty discerning your intuition from the situation immediately in front of you. So much of tuning into your intuition involves trust in yourself.
Learning to develop and trust your intuition can help you in practical everyday areas of your life such as:
- Meeting new friends and figuring out if they are the right kind of friends you should associating with for this point in your life.
- Deciding whether or not to take that job offer.
- Choosing a new home or new area to live.
- Knowing whether or not to trust someone in a business situation.
- Learning to listen to the warning messages, bells and whistles going off in your head and trusting them.
Five Ways To Develop And Trust Your Intuition
- Meditation – Developing a regular meditation practice helps strengthen your ability to tune into your own mind. Unfortunately, developing a regular meditation practice is one that can take a long time. The key is the ability to enter the delta state. One of the products I highly recommend for this is Holosync®.
- Keep your word – to yourself and to others. When you keep your word by doing what you said you were going to do and when you said you were going to do it, the stronger your intuition becomes. This is because when you keep your word you are telling your unconscious mind you are trustworthy. In turn your trust will deepen when it comes to following your intuition.
- Keep an intuitive journal – Keep track of your impressions and intuitive nudges, no matter how small for one week straight. At the end of each day make notes on anything that happened. At first your notes might be all over the place, but after a few days you will begin to discern certain recurring thoughts or themes that keep reappearing. The key is to take action on those nudges. The Universe loves speed, so the faster you take action, the
- Get to know your spirit guides – Understand how your spirit guides connect with you so you can hear their messages.
- Understand your primary “Clair” – You might be primarily clairaudient, clairsentient, claircognizant, or clairvoyant or a combination of two or more.