Signs From Your Spirit Guides

by Laurra Warnke

How do you know your spirit guides are indeed helping you? Signs from your guides can come in any number of forms including the written word, a voice from within, or physical signs that conveniently appear.

This is the third in a series of articles I am writing on spirit guides. I highly encourage you to read the first article: Spirit Guides – Who’s on Your Team? and also the second article: How Spirit Guides Help Us Through Life.

Signs Your Spirit Guides are Helping You

There are many ways your spirit guides communicate with you. They do so by coming to you in your dreams, during meditation and also in other forms that may be more subtle, such as the spoken or written word, or physical signs.

The Spoken Word

I have had this happen more than a few times…you are thinking deeply about a certain subject and you are out in a group of people. You “pick up” another person’s conversation and even though their topic may not be completely related, the words that came out of their mouth were exactly what you needed to hear. That is a sign your guides are making an attempt to give you guidance and answers to your questions. They will utilize others in an attempt to help you.

I have also found the opposite to be true. Have you ever had instances where you were explaining something to a group and the words that came out didn’t feel like they were your own? It is likely at that point you were the one being of assistance to someone else around you, giving them the message that they needed to hear at that exact time.

The Written Word

Another way you Spirit Guides communicate with you is through the written word. Ask a question and then pick up a book and flip to a random page. Without looking, put your finger on a specific sentence. Chances are it was just what you needed to hear or read at that time.

Voices and Thoughts

Thoughts – Do you find yourself thinking about something out of the blue? Guides will sometimes repeat the same word, picture, or message over and over until it clicks in our conscious thoughts.

If you have ever felt the presence of a gentle nudge, a flash of inspiration or something helping you find just the right words, those are also signs your guides are communicating with  you and assisting you.

Signs can come to you in a number of ways. Perhaps you hear a certain song, something flashes on the TV screen at just the right time, a co-worker says something to another that seems like it was meant just for you? It was. :)

Physical Signs

Physical signs are probably some of the easiest to recognize. Did you happen to see that license plate or billboard that had the answer that made you smile? You guides are pretty great about putting you in front of just the right words that you need to see.

Intuitive Readings

Want to know who your personal spirit guides are and what they are here to help you with in this lifetime? Book a reading with me and find out.

This is the third in a series of articles I am writing on spirit guides. I will also be writing more about how to connect and meet with your own guides. Sign up for my newsletter if you haven’t already to keep updated.

How do you recognize your spirit guides? Have a great synchronicity to share? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts.

Name: Email: We respect your email privacy

About Laura Warnke

Laurra Warnke is an empath who helps you define your life purpose by viewing your Akashic record from a soul level perspective. Through intuitive readings, energy clearings, and life purpose mentoring, she works with your Guides to define your life’s purpose, embrace your soul level gifts, clear energetic blocks, and bring back the passion and spirit to your life

Lindsay May 15, 2011 at 10:51 am

Great article, Laura!

One thing worth noting is that if we don’t pick up on the message from our spirit guides the first time they try to get it through, they’ll keep trying in different ways. So people don’t need to worry that they “missed” an important message and will never get it again, because they most certainly will!

Laura Warnke May 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thanks Lindsay!

A great point! That is so important to understand. If my guides had given up on some of their messages to me after only one or two attempts, I wonder where I would be right now! They have infinite patience in getting their messages through to us.

Justin | Mazzastick May 21, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I have experienced everything that you mentioned above. It’s “funny” how guides will speak through others to get a message to you or vice versa.

When I am in a bookstore and have a particular question that I need answers to I will ask my guides to direct to to the appropriate book.

After a couple of minutes of reading the answer will be there.
Justin | Mazzastick’s last post ..You Are Not Your BodyMy Profile

Laura Warnke May 22, 2011 at 8:52 am

Hi Justin, nice to meet you! I have read some of your posts on the Steve Pavlina forum.

I have had quite a few experiences of guides delivering messages through others. I find myself thinking “Are they saying that just for me’? Its pretty cool when you recognize it.

Todd | Channelingmyself June 28, 2011 at 1:33 pm

I often get numerical synchronicities from my guides. I often use the angel numbers guide by Doreen Virtue for interpretation. I just bought a pendulum yesterday and I am really excited to get the opportunity to try it out. Have you ever used one?
Todd | Channelingmyself’s last post ..What Do You Believe?My Profile

Laura Warnke July 4, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Hi Todd,

Yes, I use a dowsing pendulum almost every day. It allows me to get quite specific answers on courses of action I am looking at taking. Combining pendulum dowsing with the subtle synchronicities from your Guides, plus your own intuition is quite powerful and will allow you to go forward in the direction most suitable for the questions you ask. Make sure you clear your pendulum first, if you haven’t already. Here are a few articles I have written on pendulum dowsing: .

Susan September 17, 2011 at 9:28 am

I have a quick question not about guardian angels but about the arch angel Gabriel. They say if you hear horns about, that means so is he.

Now does this include car alarms that sound like horns, and such or just the standard old horn? It’s like I got a whole lot of pardon the pun honkin going on around me. And I just wondered if that was him or whatever.

Course I have a whole bunch of strangers waving at me all day as they go by lol. My lights will flicker when there is no problem with them, and I am the only one who sees it.

But I am mainly curious about the horn sounds, I couldn’t find where you contacted him (might have missed it) so I was wondering if that was him, and also what other noises, actions, etc does he do to get your attention.
Fineally they say (other sites too) that if you hear the horns he is on his way, exactly how long does it take for him to get to where he is going, I’ve heard it over and over and over, and not a whole lot happening.

Thanks.

mary lou November 20, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I stumbled unto your website. In speaking about guides I’m sure its no accident. I have a question about colors. I often see colours before going to sleep or quiet moments when I close my eyes. They are often red,green ,purple, blue and recently yellow and orange.I have been unable to find what they are or what they mean. Are they intuitive messages?

Laura November 22, 2011 at 11:54 am

Hi Mary Lou,
I would agree that the colors have some significance for you. You may want to do an internet search on aura color meanings and see if there is correlations to your thoughts or what you did during the day. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is nice to meet you!

mary lou November 23, 2011 at 8:52 am

Hi Laura
Thanks for the tip. I have never made the
connection to aura colour. Can you recommend any websites. Its hard to find websites that you can rely on for this type of info.

Laura November 30, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Hi Mary Lou,

You may try looking up the websites of Rose Rosetree or Slade Roberson. Both have some info on aura color meanings. Slade also has a product on how to read auras with a fairly in-depth chart and analysis on what each of the colors represent. These are both respected websites. I know there are more. I hope this helps.

mary lou December 1, 2011 at 9:34 am

thanks .I will try those websites. This is exciting! My journey takes me to some very interesting places. Until next time—mary lou

SG November 22, 2011 at 12:20 am

When I turn of the lights,I see some lines and little circles on my ceiling in neon green,I don’t understand what it is..Im super scared…I don’t see it when the lights are on… Its been like that for months….Please respond…God bless !! Thank You

Laura November 23, 2011 at 7:26 am

Hi SG,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I really don’t think that is anything to be concerned about. It seems like the energies of the Universe are very close to you and it may be that your guide team wants to connect with you on a deeper level.

SG November 24, 2011 at 3:42 am

Dee Drapikowski August 25, 2012 at 7:42 pm

As I was browsing my emails today I noticed one of the newer posts from your blogs, so I started reading more and more of your entries and follow-ups from others . It brought me back to May 2011 entry of Spirit Guides, signs, colors, auras, etc. As I read I had a flash back of something that occured early this morning around 4 in the morning. I was having a somewhat restless night I kept thinking about my little 3 pound Chihuahua (Navarro) 17 yrs old, who passed away peacefully in his sleep 2 days prior. A few days prior to his passing, I was holding his weak little body,doiing a Reiki treatment and telling him it was ok to return home to heaven, that he would be able to run and play, and that “daddy” (my dear husband) would be waiting for him there.when he arrived. In my mind, it felt like his body gave a sigh of relief. Anyway, back to this morning, I remember restlessly turning in bed for the umteenth time when suddenly at the foot of my bed I saw what resembled a shower of gold sparkles gently drifting from ceiling to floor. I blinked several times, yet these beautful sparkes continued for nearly a full minute. At that time I had just been thinking of how much I missed my pet. I can only hope this was some kind of affirmation that heaven does hold a special place for our little furry loved ones. Your thoughts? Thank you for listening.
Denise Drapikowski

Laura Warnke August 26, 2012 at 9:02 am

Hi Denise,
While I cannot fully confirm things for you I will say the night our lovely yellow Labrador passed over I saw something similar. This was about 6 years ago. She always slept in her bed on the floor on my side of the bed. The night of the day she passed, exactly at midnight I saw a multi-colored column of sparkles from ceiling to floor that stayed for at least a minute. It was in exactly the same spot where she always slept. Then it slowly disappeared up through the ceiling. I do think that was our dog saying good-bye one last time. I felt it was quite comforting, yet sad as I missed her dearly.

Dee Drapikowski August 26, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Thanks Laura, I shall remember those beautiful sparkes as a special goodby from Navarro until I see him again. P.S. It’s conforting and validating to me that our pets loved us so much that they giave us this gift . Denise.

sherry August 29, 2012 at 11:13 am

Dear Laura,
After an incredibly busy summer, I am catching up on many things including your posts, which led me here. I have a question for you. I have been so worried about my 20 year old son lately. He dropped out of college after 2 challenging years, (some failed classes…trouble navigating and organizing for success, decided he didn’t want to committ to being a music education major even though he had received scholarships etc…). He also just moved into a home with 5 other buddies. So he is 20 years old, with $10,000 of college loan debt., rent and bills to pay. Thankfully, he just started a job in a new restaurant which he is very excited about. So, letting go has been hard for me…I’m the kind of person who worries to the point of sleeplessness over my loved ones. I even laid awake the entire night after bringing stuff and food to his house because his room was so messy and chaotic and I couldn’t get the chaos out of my mind! Anyhow, back to my question…I was driving the other night to pick up my 15 year old son at band practice, listening to a CD that my 20 year old had made for me. I received a wonderfully positive text from him right at the 1:11 mark on one of the tracks, and right then a truck drove past me with the letters RSB on the license plate…his initials!! I took all this syncronicity as a sign that he’s going to be ok and that all is well and exactly as it should be. Is this what you are talking about, because things like this are happenening to me all the time lately, (past 1 1/2 years…since my complicated alcoholic dad died, and started 12 years ago when my wonderful step-dad and grandma passed). Any insight from you would be so appreciated! Thanks for this blog…Sherry

Mary February 4, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Hello, I’m only starting out with spirit guide communication and sometimes its very puzzling. Yesterday before bed i asked for a sign if i’m on the right path (not that i doubt it, i actually am pretty sure of it-just wanted some confirmation) and this morning i clumsily knocked over a ceramic bowl and it shattered, slashing my foot. and i mean : Path…walking…wounded foot? i wonder if that could be a sign, or just a coincidence. but i never heard of spirit guides sending such harsh signs, i mean-blood everywhere and all- so i’m just confused. thank you for reading, please help me clarify this um…misunderstanding?

Russ April 20, 2014 at 10:27 am

I was walking at the waters edge on the beach in Encinitas, Ca 4/19/14 when I noticed a small 4″ x 2″ stone with writing on it. I picked it up and it said, IMPATIENT. Well, that is one of my internal struggles that I grapple with. What a trip!