Connect With Your Spirit Guides

Learn how to connect with your spirit guides using a guided meditation envisioning climbing a celestial staircase. This method will help to raise your vibration to be able to communicate directly with your spirit guides. Also check out these guided meditations.

How I Connect with My Spirit Guides

If you are having trouble connecting with your spirit guides, here is my method, using a celestial staircase.

Find a quiet spot in your home where you will not be interrupted for 30 minutes or more. Turn off the phone and eliminate any other distractions. Make yourself comfortable either on a chair, couch, or bed and keep yourself warm.

I first take a long breath in through my nostrils for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, and exhale through my mouth for a count of 8. Repeat this a total of 3 times.

I then say out loud, or to myself:  Arch Angels (x3), Spirit Guides (x3), my own personal team of guides, my higher self (x3). Please allow me to connect to my spirit guides who assist me during the lifetime. I wish to speak only to those guides that follow divine love, light, and truth.

I then begin visualizing climbing my celestial staircase to raise my vibration in order to meet my guide. I start mentally counting up to 21 by taking a slow long breath on each number. As I do, I climb (actually float) each of the steps in my staircase. You may count to a higher number of your choosing if needed, especially if you are stressed out.

Building Your Own Celestial Staircase

The best thing about learning to connect to your personal spirit guides is that you staircase can look like anything you want it to be. It could be steps of plush carpet, wood, metal, or anything else you can imagine. The staircase itself can be decorated any way you would wish. Perhaps it is a dark cherry panel, very stately looking or maybe it is pure white, clean and pure. It could look like a grand staircase as found in a Southern plantation home. There is no right or wrong way to do this.

Make raising your vibration a very personal thing. Decorate it just as you would decorate your home. It can also change as your mood changes during each visit to your guides. Nothing says it has to be the same each time. Be a creative as you want and feel free to change it up a bit.

I will share with you what I envision my staircase to be like. The walls are typically a warm white. The stairs have the softest plush carpet on them. Sometimes it is white, and sometimes it is a deep royal purple. As I climb my celestial staircase, the paintings on the wall on the way up change to suit my mood. Sometimes they are very impressionistic looking and other times there are paintings of people, some I know and some I don’t. The decorations on the walls are in royal blues and purples with touches of pink and yellow. In some cases the steps light up as I ascend to the top. I guess they glow as I float over them.

Meeting my Guide

When I reach the top landing on step 21, I find myself at a white paneled door with a pillar on each side. I use my energy to open the door easily and float inside. Waiting for me is my main spirit guide.

I take a seat a a library table with a large comfortable white leather office chair. My guide is floating across from me a few feet away. He looks like a wise old soul that has seen many eternities. I say hello and he says hello back.

I ask my guide the following: What message is it that you most need me to hear right now? And then I wait for the answer. I then ask as many additional questions as my energy and brain will allow.

When I am done with my questions, I thank him and send out a big hug of love and travel back down the staircase with my new found knowledge.

Do you want to know what your personal numbers are and what they mean in your life? Find out what makes you tick. Reveal your true nature and character and use it to change your life. - Get a free numerology report by clicking here.

Do you have the brain of a millionaire? Take this quiz and receive your personalized report plus video.

60-Second Life Success Quiz - Are you on the path to ultimate life success? Why leave it to chance? I highly recommend that you take this 60 second quiz and then check out your customized report that comes from it. Take the quiz now by clicking here.

Manifesting Through The Akashic Records - Have you ever wondered why some things seem so hard to manifest? Click here to watch this free webinar.

Susan - June 12, 2011

I love that, I always wondered if I annoyed them, I am a virgo (or as I say recovering perfectionist lol), in the other blog entry I talked about music being stuck in my head, I laughed when you said your a stubborn Aries, well so is the guy I was talking about lol.

Also here is a question can a spirit guide be a relative? Even one that was born in 1935 and died in a tragic accident in 1965? Which would be before I was born? Like aunts, grandparents.
See I have some of these voices I swear talk perfectly (even joke, etc) in my head at first I thought “utoh” lol, but then they’d say something and when I would ask my parents about it, they’d say it sounded like so and so who was a relative that passed before I was born. Actually I’ve heard relatives who have passed in the last eighteen years or so. Okay and a couple that weren’t mine lol.
Also if said relatives aren’t my spirit guides, then why do I feel like I hear the relatives but not the others then?

I am just worried cause you also hear stories about evil impersonating good, while they can’t tell you what to do, they try to influence you, even through trickery.

Just some questions I have on it. I was hoping you could answer or maybe address in future entries.
I love this blog.

Many blessings, and peace.

Angela Artemis - June 13, 2011

I hope my spirit guides don’t lose patience with me. I know I can move slowly at times when it comes to following their guidance!
Good luck on your self-employment!

Justin | Mazzastick - June 13, 2011

I am an Aries as well so I had to laugh at your being stubborn remark.

I have a Psychic friend who said that I have the most stubborn thumb that she has ever seen.

Anna Barlowe - June 14, 2011

Hmm, thankfully my primary spirit guide, despite being from a former life (in the 40’s would be my guess) has no trouble at all with modern concepts. He can operate lights, cell phones, etc., and does so all day long.

And he strikes me as rather sweet and refined, so I would never dream of shouting at him. I suspect he WOULD be offended, actually. 🙂

Oddly, the one thing he categorically refuses to do is to give direct advice, but he definitely guides me nonetheless. Some of them go about it in a more subtle fashion than others.

Sometimes all they want to do is urge us to listen to ourselves, I think. We already know what to do, and it’s only a matter of remembering.

pam - June 20, 2011

I am often seeing the numbers 1111 what does it mean? I signed up for your free booklet on numbers but I haven’t received it yet, is there a problem. Love your site, Pam

elpidio - July 4, 2011

Stubborn sometimes may lead us into a wrong path, so may I ask with you, why we are stubborn people precisely continue doing what is unnecessary things. Even do they no that this is not good for them, just like me I do what I don’t want to do but the things I want to do I do not do.

Raymond - December 1, 2011

I live in hot summers Florida. Most of us living here have ceiling fans in every room to help cool us off.

Some time ago I was laying in bed but I couldn’t get to sleep. I finally got up and went into the living room.

It was a full moon that night so I did not turn the light on, just the fan. I sat on the floor beneath the fan and decided I would try once again to communicate with my guides.

After a long period of time with nothing happening I became very frustrated. Without thinking I pointed some choice words at them for not talking to me. Boy, was that a mistake! I immediately heard a loud crack above my head and looked up to see the fan bouncing back and forth. I ducked and moved to the side for cover. It sounded as thought someone hit the fan with a baseball bat.

I sat there for a few minutes and slowly got my composure back. After thinking about it I became tickled and had a good laugh. They certainly got my attention. “Yes, they were listening to me!”

I suddenly got very sleepy and decided to go sleep on the couch a few feet away. As soon as I was asleep I had a dream that I was once standing in the same spot I was sitting in before. I then heard a door open behind me, where there was no door, and, when I looked, several people dressed in dark robes with hoods entered the room and approached me.

The one in front was an attractive lady, possibly in her late twenties, and she stood right in front of me and smiled. There was not a word spoken between us but I knew her name was Mary and they were my guides. I awoke almost immediately and went back to my bed and slept well for the duration of the night.

I am still trying to learn to communicate with them but at least I now know things will progress when they and only when they think I am ready. I also know my main way of communicating with them is through claircognizance. When they need to tell me something they, more or less, brute force it into my head. I just suddenly know things. That is not my preferred method but it will do until I can learn a better way.

After that night I began to get more and more little bytes of data but it took me a while to get the hang of things. I have spoken out at times about things I ought not know, and definitely ought not have said out loud!

For instance, I was having lunch with my wife and son one day and his upcoming nuptials came up. He began to talk about his father-in-law to be and I blurted out that the guy was a real butt head. Boy did that not go over well! It took several years for what I said to bear out and ever since then I have learned to think twice before saying. It is much friendlier that way and something we all should do anyway. So it was a lesson well learned!

Laurra Warnke - December 1, 2011

Hi Raymond,
    That is an awesome account of connecting with your guides! Yes, they certainly got your attention and were indeed listening. Thank you so much for sharing!

Savannah Jules - February 8, 2012

i had a necklace made of snowflake obsidian and garnet that i believe the universe led me to find. recently i was in a very bad place emotionally one night, and ripped off the necklace i believe my angel gave me. i was upset and was not thinking clearly. i would never want my spirit guide to go away. i lost it forever on this new years. I’m afraid my spirit guide is angry with me or has abandoned me. do you think because i ripped it off and lost it, my spirit guide will want nothing to do with me?

Laurra Warnke - February 8, 2012

Hi Savannah,

It is great to meet you! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

One thing I have learned through my trials and errors is that your guides never leave you. They may give you some space or a cooling off period at times if they feel they are not getting through to you. When you are ready, sit or lie down and tell them you are ready to listen to their guidance. Tell them why you are were upset and any fears that came up.

Ask them to start communicating with you again or ask them to give you a sign that they are still with you. They are still there, they are just waiting for you to give them the ready sign.

Lisa - July 31, 2012

alright so, i was growing really close with my primary guide, to the point that if i focused REALLY hard i could almost have a conversation with him via pendulum and feelings and such. but then i got asked out by a guy and my guide pretty much told me it wasn’t a good idea but i did it any way. since then I’m back at square one with him and i don’t know how to go back to being close with him again.

Heather - August 28, 2012

What a wonderful site to read peoples experiences. I really liked reading what other people had to say.
I really relate to what Lisa said. It can sometimes be hard to connect again and seem like we’re going back to square one for one reason or another. Personally I believe they don’t judge us and are always there for us. But I really want to thank you for posting your comment, Lisa. I found it ‘real’ and honest.
I am just reconnecting with my spirit guide after a long period of experiencing God and my guides as the enemies due to imposters and ‘signs’ that made me frightened of them and other things which I am still to make sense of.
We are taking it slow and I am still learning who he is. It seems at the moment that the way he presents to me – either thru someone else or directly can change according to what I may need to see to feel safe or what I can relate to or understand. I am still trying to make sense of things on an every day basis.
It was thru a lovely psychic lady that I reconnected with him again and received the message that he was of God and not trying to hurt me.
I have always known his name as he connected to me in this life as my cat I had 11 years ago. (There’s an awesome book called “The Angel By My Side” by Mike Lingenfelter and David Frei that talks about the same experience)
We have a deep love and connection. And I am still learning about him. The psychic lady said he has a beautiful golden light around his head which I focus on when I want to get closer to him. An animal communicator I talked to (who first introduced us) said when she connected to him at first, she felt a little overwhelmed by his stillness and vastness. She said he was a very old and wise soul.

I am one who needs to take things slowly and carefully but when I do I make some pretty cool progress.
I have even started to make a c.d of “our songs”. Spirit talks to me thru music as well as other ways.

Jenn - November 18, 2012

Hi! I was wondering if a spirit guide would ever take the form of something that maybe doesn’t look as human? I’ve been seeing a man in my dreams a lot lately after doing research on spirit guides and he seems to resemble Voldemort from Harry
Potter. It actually scares me a little. Can anyone help?

Heather - November 20, 2012

Hi Jenn
    I’m reading a book at the moment about a psychologist who regresses people to past lives and the place in between past lives where we decide what our next life is going to be. She shares her patients experiences of them meeting their guides. Some people describe their guides’ appearance, in terms of what they are wearing, as descriptive of what they need to learn at the time. Others describe their guides as they see them as shapes or colours rather than ‘human’ looking. I’m not sure if this is helpful for you or not. I hope you find some answers to your questions 🙂 I have a few questions as well that I am looking to find answers to.

Heather - November 20, 2012

P.S – just wondering if your guide is trying to convey a message about alchemy e.g turning negative into positive, turning a situation around. Or some type of magic as in creating what you might want in life? Or maybe he is a new guide who specialises in those or similar things? Just some thoughts 🙂

Heather - February 10, 2013

I sat down with my Rose Quartz in my hand, said a prayer of protection and I asked my main guide, Chalky, a simple yes/no question, “Are you there?”.
He had moved from behind my left shoulder to directly behind me with his hands on my shoulders.
I ‘felt’ and kind of heard a “Yes” I can’t quite explain it. I felt his energy.
I am a little curious though. I felt more of a business attitude from him rather than the love and fun/joy I think I have felt from him before. I’m not sure whether this is just the mode he/we were in or whether I was blocking energy somewhat in an attempt to keep the situation ‘safe’ and “be in control” on my part.
Anyway I just wanted to share this.
Anyone got any comments or ideas? xx 🙂

Terell - February 28, 2013

Spirit guides name is Ariel.She keeps directing me toward nature and for some odd reason keeps showing the things about the little mermaid and under water creatures.I love nature found myself at an aquarium last week in my town.Looked up at a sign i read ‘Who do you sea? And right in front of me there was a billboard with a seal on it named Ariel.

John Dyson - September 30, 2013

Hi everyone.
I have 2 spirit guides in my life.The main one is my grandfather who died way back in 1943 and a lovely lady spirit called Anna who I call my special number one lady.
I talk to them all the time telling them my problems,hopes,dreams and desires.And though I don’t yet get a physical visit I couldn’t live without them and I certainly wouldn’t shout or moan at them beacause I trust them 100%.

ZeZe - January 21, 2015

Greetings All…

For some reason I keep calling, someone who is special to me, his name out loud.

My hand hits the wall or/and my leg, while sitting lifts up. I even know when he is sad because I cry real tears and I know when he is angry too. I have real nightmares about him, getting hurt and me trying to save him…

Yes I have told him about my dreams…

Is my spirit guide trying to tell me something?
Is his, spirit guide trying to tell me something?

Am I acting the way I am becasue he is thinking of me?

What is going on?

Thank you for your answer – I need light on all this…

Ruby C - July 8, 2016

This is something I’ve been doing as a child and didn’t understand what I was doing and hardly do now. I have journals with entries of troubles and questions and emotional pain and the pages of different handwriting that often comes to fast to keep up. I may not even read it for years. This is the first time I’ve looked back at everything I have and there are almost answers and warnings about where I ended up that lead me back to all these journals. It’s bizarre and profound and I’m not sure how to take it in and now I’ve stop writing because I’m peaceful, but want to write and feel the words won’t come. So I read more hoping the desire will return and I can write in a new way for my life of living true to my soul.
I for some reason felt like sharing this. I ended up here looking up 222 spiritual meaning. Thank you for this article.