The Sixth Chakra Energy Center – The Third Eye Chakra

Sixth Chakra Energy CenterThe sixth chakra energy center is located about 1 inch above your eyebrows in the middle of your forehead. The third eye represents clairvoyance and the ability to gain clear sight through the use of energy. Find out if this chakra is overactive or underactive and how to bring it into balance.

This is the sixth in a series of posts regarding the energy centers of the body. I have also written posts about the First ChakraSecond Chakra, Third Chakra, Fourth Chakra and Fifth Chakra.

It’s also known as the Ajna Chakra and is where your pituitary gland connects. This chakra is associated with the lower brain, nervous system, eyes, nose, face, and ears and represented by the color indigo.

It governs the ability to have clear sight through means other than eyesight. It represents spiritual awareness, intuition, light, and psychic power. Think of the sixth chakra as the filter for this vibration.

The real truth of who you are resides in the third eye chakra. If you feel like you are scrambled or confused as to your soul’s purpose, this can indicate some blocks to the truth of who you are at soul level, either coming from past lives or present life. This chakra is also about acceptance of your own power and the gifts you bring to the world.

Symptoms Of An Underactive Third Eye Chakra

• self-doubt
  • distrust
  • may not be able to envision the whole picture
  • indecisiveness
  • not accepting of your psychic abilities
  • physical eyesight issues
  • separation from spirit
  • hard to tell your intuition from other thoughts
  • blocked third eye chakras are the biggest skeptics
  • narrow minded

Symptoms of an Overactive Third Eye Chakra

• may get headaches and migraines
  • intuition feels “on” all the time and hard to turn off
  • difficulty concentrating
  • feels like you are living in a distant land – spaced out

Balancing the Sixth Chakra

A balanced sixth chakra shows as a deep connection to our inner knowing and trusting the guidance we are receiving. Through meditations and healing gemstones you can bring it into balance. Challenging your belief system and what you take for granted can also bring balance and allow you to see a bigger perspective then before.

Chakra Meditations

Binaural beats chakra meditations are one way to balance the third eye. Binaural beats are effective and if you have not tried that particular type of meditation, I urge you to give it a go and see what you think for yourself.

Healing Foods

Enjoy dark chocolate (not milk chocolate),  curry spices, blueberries, and strawberries.

Healing Gemstones and Crystals

Try Indigo, Sapphire, Azurite, Amethyst, Flourite, Labradorite, Tanzanite, and Lapis Lazuli.

Take a look at these gemstones and find the ones that call to you. The best way to choose a gemstone is by picking it up with your non-dominant hand and seeing if you can feel its energy and vibration.

Essential Oils

Try essential oils such as sandalwood, rose, and lavender.

Chakra Healing

Want to exist in an effortless, meditative flow? You can achieve this with a balanced energetic ecosystem. Take the new 3-minute test by Chakra Master Carol Tuttle to learn which of your 7 Chakra energy centers are blocked and need tuning up. Click here.

Laurra Warnke is an empath and intuitive healer who helps you embrace your Sacred Soul Blueprint by viewing your Akashic record from a soul level perspective.

Through Akashic record readings, energy clearings, and spiritual business mentoring, she works with your Guides to clarify your life’s purpose, embrace your soul level gifts, clear energetic misalignments, and bring back the passion and spirit to your life.

Recommended

Free Numerology Report - Get a free numerology report by clicking here.

Power Habits - Make success automatic through the power of Afformations.

Susan - October 18, 2012

Love it great article, very informative.
Going by the symptoms, I am sort of an over/under lol wierd. Does that count as balanced? LOL.

Laurra Warnke - October 18, 2012

Hi Susan,

It is nice to meet you! It depends…do you feel you can consistently access your intuitive resources when you want and are not bothered by other symptoms? If so, I think it is probably balanced most of the time. Of course our energies change all the time, but in general, when you envision your sixth chakra, does it feel open and radiating?

Jarvis Edwards - October 18, 2012

I believe my third eye chakra opened between November of past year and this year. It started shortly after I started meditating, with many symptoms:

Seeing faint symbols forming with my eyes closed

Seeing an eye shape sometimes when laying down or meditating in between my eyes

Seeing small sparkles of light that seem like little sparks, every now and then

…so many other things go along with those, too many to list. Does that all sound third eye related?

Another question: In between February and May I had very strong and vivid visions, dreams and other experiences. It seems to have tapered down a lot in the last few months. As if something left me?
Jarvis Edwards’s last post ..Bad Writers? Why Business Owners and Executives Should NEVER Write Sales Copy!My Profile

Laurra Warnke - October 18, 2012

Hi Jarvis,

It is nice to meet you!

Yes, those symptoms do sound third eye related. Usually the third eye opening is a noticeable energetic experience.

As far as the visions and dreams, it may have been the third eye energy acclimating to and combining with your normal energetic vibration. Don’t worry though, it hasn’t left you, I think it has just become more useful to you in day to day life.

Scott - October 19, 2012

I have gone from seeing 10:10-5:55 on clocks once or twice a day to at least 3 – 6 times & have started plates now. I have started taking pics of all my “events”. I have all 1-9 triple count within a month & 1/2 period. Now it has started with the alphabet. LLL-……… My mojo is one of all on or all off. I’m running out of memory on my phone from all the pics of these # events. I’m close to 1,000 pics & still poppin. THANKYOU. :)

Laurra Warnke - October 19, 2012

Hi Scott,

It it nice to meet you!

That’s great. I have seen one particular alphabet pattern for the past few years, but I still don’t know what that one means for me yet. I think the key is to pay attention to your emotional state when your mojo is in on mode and try to get to that point more often.

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader - October 19, 2012

Great post! Funny, I just wrote about binaural beat therapy myself today! :)

I think my third eye is well-developed, since I’m doing intuitive readings professionally now, and I think that in itself it’s balanced, since I can turn it on and off whenever I need to.

My struggle is to develop my root chakra to match it, which I understand can be an issue for intuitive types. I’m working on it, though! :)

Laurra Warnke - October 19, 2012

Hi Jennifer!

Interesting, I am doing some root chakra work right now too. I am using an Isochronic tones meditation at the moment. I have tried both Binaural Beats and Isochronic Tones and both work very well.

Jennifer Flint ~ The Aura Reader - October 19, 2012

Isochronic tones are new to me – I’ll have to look into that!

Bhuvana - August 13, 2014

Hi Laurra,
It’s very useful to me at this time… Actually I’m from India,… 39 yrs old…mum of 4 and 2 yrs olds. I’m recently diagnosed with pituitary adenoma (swelled pituitary) after having severe headaches. I’m currently living in London. My recent chakra tests show that I’ve over active 6th chakra-third eye- 75 %.-I’ve stopped practicing yoga and meditation for years now though. can this be a reason for my pituitary problems? if so, how can I balace it and rectify the problem,..pls.help.
thanks a lot in advance, Bhuvana.