Level 2 Reiki Attunement

A synopsis of my recent Level II Reiki attunement and class. Learn what coursework is involved in taking the Level II Reiki Certification and my thoughts on the course.

My first Reiki attunement was about 10 months ago and it was indeed life changing. It pulled me out of what I would call a situational depression. If your are unfamiliar with what Reiki is please read this post, What is Reiki?

On October 16th, 2010 I received my Level II Reiki attunement. I signed up for an 8 hour class to be held at a local University. There was only one other student in the class plus the instructor, which was slightly disappointing. I had hoped for a larger class as I was looking forward to a good discussion on Reiki and also others questions and answers.

After introductions, we went into how we had been using Reiki in our daily lives and how it had helped for self healing. We also discussed our expectations for what we wanted from the level II attunement. For myself, I wanted to be able to offer distance healing via this website. My classmate wanted to be able to send distance energy healing to family members.

The Reiki Attunement

The second attunement was longer than when I took Level I Reiki. I’m sorry I cannot explain this in more detail, it is just something you have to experience for yourself. I really don’t know how to explain it, but it was wonderful and quite powerful! The end result is that you have a stronger connection to source energy and that can enhance your ability to heal via distances and in person.

Distance Healing

Once you have received the second attunement, you have the ability to send energy healing via a distance. This could be a short distance within the same home, or a long distance like overseas. We learned how to focus and send healing energy to another. Proximity to the person requesting healing is no longer an issue.

Byosen Scanning

One of the main things we learned to do is Byosen Scanning. This is done with the participant either lying fully clothed on a massage table or standing. You learn to scan the energy field around the person and pick up on hot or cold spots within the energy field. This energy field is about 4-6 inches away from the body.

By slowly moving your hand around the different energy centers and limbs of the body, you can pick up subtle shifts in energy and from that, determine areas in need of healing. It is yet another method of learning to use your intuition, with physical signs that correlate to the intuitive information you are receiving.

It really is amazing, that by carefully paying attention to the hot and cold areas of the body, that you are able to accurately pick up on what areas of their life are in need of healing. If you are interested you can read more about the healing benefits of Reiki.

Reiki Master Symbols

We discussed the Reiki distance symbol, the mental/emotional symbol, the power symbol, the Zonar symbol, and the Harth symbol. Each can be used for distance healing and other energy healing purposes. These are sacred Japanese symbols that are only available to those that have taken the Level 2 Reiki training. Level I training does not involve symbols.

Hands on Learning

Since there were only two of us in the class, we had plenty of time to practice the scanning techniques on each other and also the distance energy healing. We spent well over two hours training on the various techniques. We even both picked up the same energy from the instructor.

Reiki Healing Music

This is what I personally use for Reiki healing music. It has a very nice serene sound and the mix is just right. Give it a try. It is wonderful for meditation too.

Healing Sanctuary Dean EvensonHealing Sanctuary by Dean Evenson

What about you? What are your experiences with Reiki, either as a practitioner or as someone who has had a Reiki healing session? I would love to hear your thoughts and comments below.

Do you want to know what your personal numbers are and what they mean in your life? Find out what makes you tick. Reveal your true nature and character and use it to change your life. - Get a free numerology report by clicking here.

Do you have the brain of a millionaire? Take this quiz and receive your personalized report plus video.

60-Second Life Success Quiz - Are you on the path to ultimate life success? Why leave it to chance? I highly recommend that you take this 60 second quiz and then check out your customized report that comes from it. Take the quiz now by clicking here.

Manifesting Through The Akashic Records - Have you ever wondered why some things seem so hard to manifest? Click here to watch this free webinar.

Lindsay - September 29, 2011

You know what I always say to people (and myself)? When you catch yourself saying bad things to yourself or replaying a scenario over and over in your mind and beating yourself up…ask yourself if you’d ever talk to someone ELSE that way. Would you? No (unless you’re a Grade-A jerk)!

Great advice, Laura. I’ve tried EFT but I always feel silly when I do it. I guess that’s par for the course!

Laurra Warnke - September 30, 2011

Hi Lindsay,

The little I have tried EFT, I have found it to be successful, but I will agree I feel a bit silly doing it too.

Susan - September 29, 2011

I can relate tried different methods and mostly it lasts 24 hrs and well that didn’t work. I came across a saying “Cheer up. The Roses Will Bloom Again!” But that only lasted 2 days. — I was invisible in school lol one reasons I don’t have friends but acquaintances.

What I’ve been carrying is a most recent past April of 11. I said something (no name calling or such) he hung up, tried to explain he said some cruel words, when he texted, went maybe talk, yeah about everything but, I tried to apologise but nope, he never did. — I believe I hurt/scared him, but he texted was kind/sweet, I thought that maybe healing, but no. I tried to reach him a 3-4 times, over a four week period. But no response. I was really beating myself up now. I seen him in May and he didn’t want to talk about it, I said over? he said “basically” (I hate filler words), he turned away, wouldn’t look at me when he said it, he looked sad, I touched his shoulder and he let me, then said I should go but his body language talking differently. — After that we texted once for three hours in July, but nothing more since then. Once a month I would try, just to let him know he’s not alone, I am here if he wants to talk, etc.

So yeah I am still beating myself up for that, I DID screw up and lost a great guy in the process but I have not physically seen him (the guy), nor heard from him (phone/text/note) since really april, may & July. Everyone says its over (as he said as much) but when I ask to sent us free so that I am not holding him back in anyway, I still see the tube, I still see the energy flow, this pull/connection I even asking angel Michael to help it’s like nope it stays. I don’t know what it means and honestly I can get a peep about it out of anyone not even my guardian angel, or his, talk about quiet and confuse I don’t know what it means and trust me I ask alot, and I listen, but nothing…

Sorry about the length. Good Topic btw.

Julie | A Clear Sign - September 29, 2011

I agree, you can’t keep reliving these things and you have to disclipline your mind to stop yourself from doing it. I will look at the situation, see my part in it, and finally agree that I’ve gone as far as I can go with it. At that point, whenever it comes to mind, I tell it to go away and heal itself because there is nothing more to be gained. I also take a 5 minute break whenever I start to feel myself rising to the occasion to start an argument or over react to something, and that avoids a lot of the situations in the first place. Remember, “It’s them, not me” when you have the situation you described above.

Jimmy - September 29, 2011

I find that the best way to let go of the past is to get involve in a new venture that has great meaning for us. It must be something that requires so much time and energy from us that we do not have time to ponder the past that is holding us back.

Granted we still need to make peace with ourselves before engaging the future with hope.

Justin | Mazzastick - September 30, 2011

I was the same way. Being hard on ourselves never does any good, nor does being hard on someone else for that matter.

I am interested in taking some classes on Reiki and other forms of energy healing.
Justin | Mazzastick’s last post ..My 911 Prophetic DreamMy Profile

Susan - October 30, 2011

What if it’s something that hurt you so bad in all area’s (E.P.S.M). While you might heal from it, it stays with you because from the moment it happened it became apart of you no matter how you let it go. – The fact that no matter how hard you try this is the one negative that turning it into a positive seems almost, if not is impossible, or at least impossible to sustain for any length. Even though you know it is not your fault, how do you stop going back and beating yourself up over it?

Thank-you.