Guided Meditations for Relaxation and Healing

Guided meditations allow you to reduce stress in your life, re-center yourself and gain back inner peace that may be escaping you during the busy holiday season.

I woke up this morning thinking about the upcoming Christmas holiday and once again wondering if I would be able to get all of the shopping, baking, visiting, and decorating done in the time line I wanted. I made a list of what still needs to be done and it is quite long. Talk about feeling tense and overwhelmed!

Christmas shopping in particular is something I don’t view as a lot of fun anymore because I find myself absorbing energies from strangers and come home totally exhausted. I know many of you have told me that you feel the same way. Gotta love being an empath! Thank goodness for online shopping!

Then there is also dealing with family and relation that you may only see a few times a year. Some you look forward to seeing, others maybe not so much. It all starts adding up to tense shoulders, raised tempers, and a feeling of not having control over a situation. Even in the best of families, this can still be a stressful time of year. Last year I wrote about forgiveness and letting go. A guided meditation can help you to do that.

Guided Meditations Reduce Stress

Over time, I have come to appreciate what a guided meditation can do to bring stress levels into check. You can literally feel the stress leaving your body. I have tried out other meditations on occasion, some free and some that I purchased, but until recently hadn’t found any I really connected with.

That changed when I discovered The Healing Waterfall website. These meditations are the cream of the crop — high quality classics that have sold over 100,000 copies in stores and on the web, and are head and shoulders above anything else I’ve heard. (You can hear samples, and get downloads and CDs on the site. And there’s a special sale on now.)

The Healing Waterfall

There are lots of great meditations on the site. Here’s more about one of my favorites:

The Healing Waterfall meditation has the kind of mesmerizing script and immersive music that puts me into wonderful state of relaxation. The narration is professionally done by a veteran TV actress, and the whole piece is just so… healing!

The Healing Waterfall From the Healing Waterfall Meditation:

“Slowly walk forward into the pool, as this healing water caresses your ankles, your calves, and your knees, as they too absorb this gentle energy… and completely relax. As you run your hands across the surface of the water, you find yourself becoming more and more comfortable, and at home in this pool. And you have the feeling that you’re completely safe, and totally free to be yourself.”

That sounds relaxing even without the background music! One of the best things about the website is that you can try before you buy. There are sound clips to all meditations so you get to hear what you are getting before buying.

Testimonials

Here are just a few testimonials, from the web site:

“I purchased the Healing Waterfall meditation series many years ago and absolutely loved them. I haven’t listened to them for some time and then began doing so before bed and remembered how much peace they give me. I purchased 6 Guided meditations from you last night and started on them and they are wonderful. You have a beautiful gift. Thank you for producing such high quality meditations.”

“The Healing Waterfall and Healing Waterfall II are my absolute favorites. I purchased the CD’s from a local music store and have listened to them may times over. They helped me through a very traumatic time in my life. Thank you for them! I don’t know what I would have done without them.”

“I first owned this exceptional piece on cassette 20 years ago. The bought the CDs to give as gifts. Best guided meditation ever!! The voice is beautiful and soothing. The music soft and supportive. The journey is healing and powerful. I love both Lightbeing and The Healing Waterfall.”

Give a Gift to Yourself

Ready to get a handle on the holiday stress? Consider a guided meditation as a gift to yourself  or give a few as a gift to those hard to buy for people on your shopping list.

Check out the meditations, hear samples, and purchase MP3 downloads and CDs, all at The Healing Waterfall website today!

Do you want to know what your personal numbers are and what they mean in your life? Find out what makes you tick. Reveal your true nature and character and use it to change your life. - Get a free numerology report by clicking here.

Discover The Secrets In Your Numbers And Stars

Did you know that you have a unique birth code that tells your story? A code that emits your divine frequency? That your birthday and birth-name reveal your life purpose and destiny? And that the moment you were born unlocks the secrets of your soul – including your current and future cycles? Find out how to read your birth code. Click here to access this free training.

Manifesting Through The Akashic Records - Have you ever wondered why some things seem so hard to manifest? Click here to watch this free training.

Do you have the brain of a millionaire? Take this quiz and receive your personalized report plus video.

60-Second Life Success Quiz - Are you on the path to ultimate life success? Why leave it to chance? I highly recommend that you take this 60 second quiz and then check out your customized report that comes from it. Take the quiz now by clicking here.

Lindsay | The Daily Awe - December 8, 2011

I love guided meditations! Will have to check this one out. Thanks, Laura!

Btw – I’ve done 100% of my shopping online this year, and I couldn’t be happier! Yay to avoiding malls!

Laurra Warnke - December 8, 2011

Hi Lindsay,

The bulk of what I need to buy will be online, but there are still a few items to be purchased locally. Amazon.com is my friend around this time of year!

Susan - December 8, 2011

All I need to do for my shopping is go to one place. They have these lovely angels their “Rose Quartz Angels” small enough to display or carry with you anywhere.

““Pocketful of Blessings” angels offer comfort to anyone whose heart has been wounded. Beautiful carved figurines are handcrafted from rose quartz, long believed to ease heartache, relieve loneliness, promote forgiveness and provide spiritual and emotional healing. Perfectly sized for pocket, purse or under pillow. Set of 2. Each 1¼”.”

If anyone is interested in giving angels this is where I get them from you can go to harrietcarter.com then in the “keyword” type angels their $9.98 for a set of 2.

When I buy due to the money situation I buy for couples (brother & sister in law), (sister & niece), etc. and if their single give them two they may need it.

Will give the guided meditation a try. Sounds interesting. But right now I have to do grocery shopping which includes baking stuff, but I am not baking much this year, we all get together for a couple hours christmas eve, but christmas day they all stay home and its just me and my dad. So nothing big or fancy lol. Probably make nutrolls and cookies, for Christmas eve. Thats about it.

Thanks for the link. and if I don’t hear from ya before christmas again Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays)!

Laurra Warnke - December 8, 2011

Hi Susan,

The angels sound very nice. I will check it out. Christmas baking is on my list for this weekend. I have about 4 or 5 recipes that I want to make. We will see just how many types actually get baked. Merry Christmas to you too Susan!

Jimmy - December 12, 2011

I have been doing some serious meditation lately and am beginning to feel the positive effects of this. Whenever I do this, I find more centredness and greater faith and clarity for the day. Personally, I think I can detect more ideas coming to me as well.

But I am still unclear about what exactly meditation is. I have come to associate it as a process to think of nothing and clear the mind of all thoughts. Concentrating just on my breathing helps me be thought free. The occasion thought comes and I just blow it away. I adopt the maxim of emptying my glass for more enlightened ideas to fill. Is that accurate for meditation?

If we do these guided meditations, I find that the talking really distract me from emptying my mind.

Laurra Warnke - December 13, 2011

Hi Jimmy,

Both types of meditation can be useful. I think it really depends on your personality and how you process information.

Many people find just listening to meditation music is not enough to be able to center themselves and their thoughts run to what to cook for dinner to other endless unfinished tasks. Having a voice guiding you can keep your thoughts more focused.

It sounds however, that is not how it works best for you. I have had equal success with voice and without on meditations. It really depends on the mood I am in and how frazzled I feel when I begin. There are days that simple music is enough and others when I really need the voice to focus my thoughts.

I really don’t think there is any right or wrong way to meditate. If you feel more centered, clear, relaxed, and confident after meditating, then I think it has done its job, regardless if you use music alone (or no music at all) or a guided voice meditation.

Dianne Davies - December 12, 2011

Guided Meditations are very helpful to reduce stress at this time of year which is difficult for so many of us, especially women. Also it frees up creative energy which I find particularly helpful to keep my mind open for my tarot readings.
There is something wonderful about taking time out for yourself and just connecting with the universe like this. Don’t get too stressed out yourself Laura with all the baking and Christmas preparations! You are uniquely equipped to go into the holiday season nice and chilled out and centred!

Laurra Warnke - December 13, 2011

Hi Dianne,

Thanks for the positive encouragement! I love this time of year, but do need to take a deep breath once in a while to get re-centered.

Jessica - Mindful Meditation - December 22, 2011

I totally agree that Christmas holydays can end up not so perfect as you wished they would be because of stress and frustrations. I have practiced meditation for a couple of years now and I agree that it is a wonderful tool to use to completely remove all frustration and just have a moment of peace. It also helps to clear your mind and not get so frustrated by these minor and unimportant things.
Thanks for posting and have a lovely Christmas to you all!
Jessica

Nancy - August 7, 2012

Thank you for a good post. I think more and more people turn to meditation as they see that meditation really works. There is only twenty minutes a day that is needed and the results are immediate. The only thing that has to be kept in mind is that first steps towards meditation should be taken with somebody who already is familiar with that relaxation technique. Later on it is already easy to practice meditation at home for instance.
Best Regards
Nancy
Nancy’s last post ..Learn the Twenty-Minute Meditation to Combat Depression!My Profile