For those of you who follow my blog regularly, you might have noticed things have been a little bit quiet in these parts for the past month. Things have been quiet. In early May, I caught some sort of bug, courtesy of my son’s school in which my son, husband, and myself got sick. My son got over this bug in about 7-10 days, but for my husband and I, it has lasted about three weeks. I ended up with a bunch of fun sinus issues from the whole experience. So, it feels like the entire month of May has been dedicated to healing ourselves and becoming well again.
This feels odd to write about on my blog, as I generally stay far away from topics like getting sick. My thought process is if you don’t give something a lot of attention, it will usually fade away. Well, I guess this little “time out” needed to get my attention considering how long it has lasted.
I haven’t been sick like this for many years so it was actually difficult to accept that I wasn’t immune to this crud that made its way through the school system and into our home. Healers and spiritual types aren’t supposed to ever get sick – right??? 🙂 We are supposed to be past all of that nonsense. 🙂 We are supposed to have expanded our consciousness enough to not be affected by annoying viruses. Yeah, well, so much for that! This virus kicked my butt!
In taking the time to heal, which included plenty of naps, a few things became clear to me.
- I realized after about the two week mark of this cold that I am not superwoman. I want to be able to do everything but in attempting to do so, I have run myself down.
- I realized that plenty of things can wait until tomorrow to get done. I love checklists and getting things done and it was hard to let things slide. I did only what was necessary each day. I couldn’t even bring myself to think about writing a blog article or sending out a newsletter. I knew none of it would matter if I did not heal myself first.
- I realized just how delicate the physical body is. Even slight imbalances can wreak havoc with your physical body. I feel humbled by how much I have taken for granted with my health up till now.
- This cold helped me understand where my priorities were out of alignment in some areas. I literally told my blog/website it had to run itself for awhile and it did. People still visited my blog, signed up for my newsletter, and purchased readings. I didn’t have to be at my computer all day every day.
- For me a good multi-vitamin, probiotic, and extra Vitamin C and D3 are essential. I had ran out of vitamins a month or so earlier before this cold and had failed to replace them. If I had been taking them, perhaps this cold would have been shorter. You just don’t know.
So, where am I now? I am feeling pretty good again, but do find myself still taking naps almost every day. I still have a nasty cough that wants to linger. My energy is coming back and is almost 100%. I painted my office over the holiday weekend so I have enough energy for that – it is now a very happy shade of blue. I just find myself running out of steam by late afternoon and needing a nap.
I know as a healer we want to find the deeper meaning to something like this when it happens. I think in this case there was not so much a deeper meaning involved, but rather a need for a new level of awareness of certain life areas being a bit out of whack. I also feel like in addition to physically healing, that I was also storing up a great amount of energy for something coming down the road. I guess much of it was the realization that I am just human, not superhuman and I am okay with that.
So, there you have it. I will be back in the saddle pretty soon with some new offerings and such. Oh, and we have decided to get a new yellow Labrador puppy and he will be joining us at the end of June. I can’t wait!