Dreams of Past Lives

Have you ever had dreams of past lives? Karmic dreams can indicate who you were in a past life and can also give you insight to why certain aptitudes come easily to you or why you have unexplained innate fears of people, places, or things.

Past Life Dreams

A past life dream is a specific type of Karmic dream that you may have many times during your life and the dream doesn’t change. It differs from the typical dreams of falling or being chased. This is an awesome page on the different types of past life dreams. I highly recommend reading the descriptions.

It is one that may occur in a period setting, like the civil war era where you take on a character in the dream, dressed in period clothing and such. You may even speak a different language. In my experience, event sequences that take place do not change, and the dream plays itself out the same each time. By delving deeper into the meaning of these types of dreams, you can begin to help yourself realize why you may have unexplained fears, beliefs, and behaviors.

My Dreams Of Past Lives Lived

Okay, here goes. Here I am telling everyone that is reading this blog about what I think are some of my dreams of past lives. I have not shared this stuff with anyone, not even my husband. Since I run this blog, I don’t have the luxury of complete anonymity. So if you think I am a bit on the crazy side, so be it!

Civil War Era

My dream is that of being a seamstress and tailor while also owning a general store that sold fabric among other things. I was wearing a long dress with a gathered skirt that tied in the back. The dress was thin cotton with a small floral print and seemed quite faded. I know I put in long hours sewing garments, but did enjoy the work. A man walked in to the store late one afternoon and demanded I repair his uniform.

I did not like him at all. He threatened harm to me and my children and I knew from the look in his eyes that he meant it. I worked through the night and into the following morning out of fear that I wouldn’t get the repairs done soon enough. It seems I was able to complete the job and he went away without incident. No sleep that night!

Fast forward to current life:  I learned how to sew when I was about eight years old. It was something that came naturally to me, even then. I made many of my own clothes through school, went to college for a related major, and even designed and sewed my wedding dress and 3 bridesmaids dresses.

These days I prefer quilting instead, even though I haven’t done it for a few years. I own multiple sewing machines and have a dedicated room in the house. The one thing I do not do though, is sew items for other people anymore.

Off With Her Head!

Did you ever dislike someone instantly but have no clue why? Perhaps someone betrayed you in a past life.

This past life dream is a bit more traumatic to me. My only recollection of the event is being publicly on display on a platform near a tree and being “trialed” for being a witch. I seem to remember my husband of the time standing in the crowd and thinking how could have he betrayed me and turned against me by believing the lies being told. I frantically tried to reason with someone, a lady of the church that we both belonged and we had been friends, but she screamed loudly, “She’s a Witch!” Then everything went black as the noose tightened and I was left to hang.

Today, if I wear any type blouse or shirt with a high collar or snug fitting neckline, I get the feeling of being strangled, as though there is a noose around my neck. I find myself pulling on it and stretching the neckline out constantly. I am always glad to take it off and usually do not ever wear that item again. I also cannot wear shorter length necklaces that are tight to the neck.

Does Whistling Drive You Crazy???

Whistling is right up there with nails on a chalkboard to me. It just drives me up a wall. I had a past life dream where I was being held prisoner and was looking out a window with bars on it and the guard kept walking by very slowly and tauntingly whistling. I must have been in that jail for some time for it to bother me this much how many lifetimes later.

These are just a few of the past life recollections that I have. I will write about some more in a future post.

If you feel like you keep reliving past life issues and dramas, check out my other article:  Healing Past Lives Through The Akashic Records.

More Past Life Resources

Here are a few websites I have come across with more information on dreams of past lives:

Heal Past Lives

Other Worlds Forum

Past Lives Regression

Past Life Experiences

Your Turn

Okay, I have put myself out there a bit with this post. Please don’t make me feel totally alone. I would really love to hear your stories and dreams of past lives. Would you please share in the comments? Thank you!

Free Numerology Reading – Do you often see the numbers 11:11, 12:12 or even 12:34 appearing everywhere you go? This is no coincidence. The Universe is about to tell you something. Discover the meaning of those numbers when you request a personalized Numerology reading based on your name and birth date. Get a free numerology reading by clicking here!

Manifesting Through The Akashic Records – Have you ever wondered why some things seem so hard to manifest? Click here to watch this free training.

Learn How To Clear Your #1 Energy Block In Just 7 Minutes – Learn powerful yet simple energy techniques to tap into your spiritual body so you can easily fine tune your physical world for more health, wealth, love, inner peace and clarity. Click here to access this free training.

Mind Bender - November 6, 2010

When you dream, yes it is subconscious. Scientists believe that you don’t dream every time you sleep. Normally you have to be in a deep state of sleep, along with some feelings you have (whether they be happy, sad, angry, etc. that’s what channels the type of dream you have).

Studies say that if you are awakened by another force interfering (such as a person shaking your shoulder to wake you up, or an alarm clock) then the chances of you remembering your dream are slim, since it puts your body into a state of trying to figure out where you are, what you should be doing, etc. so your brain forgets it as it is not important.

If you sleep until you are fully rested and wake up on your own, then the chances of you remembering your dream(s) is very high, since your body has had time to wake up slowly and think about everything.

Some people may not dream at all because of constant disturbances during the night, or simply do not have the personal qualities to create such worlds while unconscious. The fact that they are subconscious does effect it to an extent, however it does not fully rely on that single factor.

Like I said earlier, not everyone dreams, however everyone normally has the capability to dream. Some people cannot dream, for example someone with a past of mental illnesses may not be able to dream.

Kristy - October 30, 2011

I have had this repeating dream of walking out of a bedroom into the hallway of an old castle or manor of some kind, and finding a secret study through a paneled wall. the study had that old red velvet material and the dark wood. I knew It was a past life memory. I also saw a statue of armor in the hall. It must have been a castle.
This only one of the several dreams that have convinced me that I have lived other lives in the past.

Niccolo - January 19, 2012

Hi, you know, I have this dream before, that after 2 minutes of trying to sleep, I can see pictures or images going smaller and smaller, going far until I can’t reach it, I dunno why, im trying to reach it, yet it only goes far from me, there are nights that it repeatedly goes into my mind, and I was starting to think that why am i thinking or dreaming that? …… can somebody please who has experience tell me why am i dreaming that? thank you.

Laurra Warnke - January 19, 2012

Hi Niccolo,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is nice to meet you!

I don’t have a lot of experience in dream interpretation, just my own personal experiences.

Janine - January 27, 2012

Namaste

I have been having dreams of me giving lectures during victorian times and I also get images of being in a lab. I keep seeing images in my head when I am reading stuff about a certain person (I shan’t reveal a name as I WILL cause a stir). I got a name of this fellow and I am currently trying to get info from a secondary source to confirm I am not barking mad!! I am a scientist in this life and I seem to have got a thirst for knowledge and very determined!

That by far is my strongest past life vision ever!

Laurra Warnke - January 27, 2012

Hi Janine,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. It is great to meet you!

Ooh… your comment has definitely piqued my curiosity about who you were in a past life! If you are able to confirm anything, I would absolutely love to hear more about it. Very cool.

Ali - July 22, 2012

Within my family, there have been many women that feel and see thru their dreams. I open myself for dreams before I sleep. I dreamed of my husbands heart attack 2 weeks before it occured. I told my family about the dream, so when it occurred we were all shocked. I have many times dreamed of different times, where how we lived was very different. I believe it was from past civilizations—some we do not even know about yet. I know how this must sound. I have dreamed of living underground with many people, the use of crystals on a large scale, and of many messages I think Im given that I cant understand—sometimes I forget the details–its so frustrating. I come from a very normal, highly educated family—they do not share my interest, and I have not told them about most of what I believe and experience. I feel something is going to happen soon with our planet, 2012 could be a year of enlightenment–or destruction. I cant be sure–but I feel it. Its affected how I want to deal with my life now. I feel something, someone is trying to give me guidance or a message about how I live my life—if Im in the right place, etc. Its getting stronger everyday.

Gaby - October 30, 2012

Hello,
I had a dream recently, where my mother in that dream (who is my mother now too) sold me, as in my body, but I didn’t remember or blocked it out and in the dream I was very angry at her when I remembered. It’s all very fuzzy and weird. But I know that I have little patience and much animosity towards her in this life that I try to release or catch myself when I lash out. When I woke up I thought, if she did this in a previous life I forgive her, its over and done and I am in a new life.
Hoping that it will ease my anger/frustration at her now.

Mistifide - December 7, 2012

Hello,
Around the age of 8 years old, I had a reocurring dream every night for a year. Now, as an adult I am really curious as to where I was? What time frame? Maybe someone can help.

I am around the same age in the dream, trying to find my way out of a 8 ft shrubbed maze. Each night I repeat the same steps, occassionally getting further. I am always afraid. The dream then changes to an arial view where I am watching myself go through the rectangular maze, I am in a white dress. One night I get a quick view of the side of the castle/manor/mansion – I’m really not sure, but it is tan brick or stone. Finally, as the months go on, I make it out of the maze and there is an entrance to the house. There is no electricity. All I see is a dark hallway lit with candles on hallway furniture. The walls are covered with dark embossed wallpaper, heavy dark drapery cover all windows. I go up the staircase that is lit with candles on the wall, and see candlelight coming from one room. I know someone is there, I am fearful because I know I am going to be caught somewhere I was not supposed to be – roaming around the house. However, I never see anyone because once I enter the small room I wake up and I never had the dream again.

Im thinking I was in England, perhaps the 18th or 19th century. Not sure?

Mac - December 7, 2012

I’ve had several dreams of several past lives. I remember one where I’m a tribes leader in Africa when slavery first took place. They pinned me to the ground and made me watch them take my people out of their homes and into chains. They wore red and rose in white horses…..the British. I’ve been with Jesus Christ in several of my dreams. I dream every night and I remember them all. In all my past lives I was some kind of pharaoh or king or tribes leader as I just shared. I know what are dreams are and what their for. It’s the dreams of the end that bothers me. Yeah I also dream of the future and it is real! The pyramids…..my dreams showed me what they are…..it’s fascinating.

the old dog - April 7, 2013

Hello, when I was four years old I had a recurring black and white dream. This was most intense and will stay with me for life. I was on what seemed like a massive chess board with dark clouds rolling around above and the most horrible noisy drone, this was very loud. I find it hard to understand how a four year old mind could create something of this magnitude. A friend said, maybe it was a kitchen floor and a washing machine from a past life? a dog? it seemed out of this world to me and was not a very nice experience. It was around the time I had fully realized I had be born into the world and was alive!. Ive been born,this is life, Id repeat to myself again and again like a chant of some kind and would think of God or a supreme force tho I hadn’t any understanding of a higher plain and was never conditioned as a four year old boy. I kept it secret for many years until now really. Funny I believe this shaped me into who I am now, a black sheep going against the grain of convention.i would love to understand more, If anybody could shed some light on this or have experienced similar at a young age then fill me in please.

Lasioc - September 30, 2015

So I have had two recurring dreams.

1: And this seems quite simple. I have a chain vest, and helmet on. Carrying a backpack in a column of Roman Legionnaires. Two with Lorica Segmentata, one with leather and another with chain mail. I see a banner off at the front (red not blue, but too far away to see) on the outskirts of a forest. Also we finally called for a halt and that’s where that ended.

2: A gothic manse on the side of a cliff with a snaking road. It is full of people. Our hostess is a young blonde woman with green eyes and has a crystal lattice dress on. I have only wandered these halls and never made any progress. It is always stormy outside. The balconies have intricate iron filigree that depicts scenes of disaster. There is also a fresco of a plaque in the main hall on the ceiling. And the attendants do not speak, at all, ever.

This actually started in high school but the Roman dream in grade four-ish. Could anyone help shed some light on these, if it is my imagination or really past lives. Thanks

BRIGGS - October 29, 2015

I’ve also experienced a reoccurring dream where I’m leading Roman legionaries into battle. We are besieged and cannot effectively combat the enemy. I order a retreat as I help a small group man a ballista. The group is slaughtered. I’m left defending the ballista alone. Suddenly, a very large, armored, enemy makes his way over the hillside. I struggle to pull back on the ballista. Sometimes I shoot him through his chest, but other times I miss. Regardless, the terrifying enemy throws his spear through me. I lay, impaled, to the ground as everything turns to black.

Lidia - April 15, 2016

wow just had a really weird dream, I first was in a doctor office I’ve worked 6 months ago, I had to clean the whole office. then suddenly everything switched and i was in some sort of kindergarten I think and I watched all the kids play.

I was older than them though around the age 16 and there was this woman and she started talking to me as if we knew each other, she started greeting me but I didn’t knew who she was, she started calling me by a different name (sadly i cant remember the name anymore) and I was so confused because of course I thought I was the person I am right now.

But I was so smart to ask her a lot of questions who i am and told her to describe myself since i couldn’t see myself, she said i have a lot of different colours in my hair and that it looks kinda reddish, and since im brown skinned, I asked her if i was brown skinned, she said yes.

Then I started noticing other people who were around my age and ask them if they had my number (of my past life self i guess) because I was so curious of who i am but unfortunately no one had my number.