Understanding The Power Of Your Words

Your words have the power to heal and the power to hurt someone close to you. Words also have the power to shape new beliefs, for better or for worse.

My Rather Odd Shopping Experience

Yesterday I was shopping at one of my favorite department stores. I had finished returning a few pairs of jeans for my son that didn’t fit and was heading over to the boy’s section to look for some other options. I walked past the boy’s shoe area and thought I would take a look at what was there.

It is interesting that I even looked at the shoes, because I was just there a week earlier buying a pair of shoes with my son. I took a few steps in to look at what was on sale. There was another couple (mom and dad) about an isle over.

I then heard the following:

“YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THIS…YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING THOSE NIKES!”

I can’t do what I heard any good justice in writing as the emotion, anger, and frustration that accompanied those words was something I don’t think I could properly duplicate. It came from the mom nearby.  I will say the energy of her words resonated about 10-15 feet around her.

I silently backed out of the isle, back to the main walk isle. I knew I wanted to see who she was talking to. I rounded the corner and looked over.

There was a thin young boy, maybe 5-6 standing there, paralyzed in the middle of the shoe isle. To say he was crestfallen was a severe understatement. Devastated is closer to describing the look on his face.

He was close enough to the shoes he truly wanted that he could reach out and touch the shoe box. But he didn’t move. He was paralyzed.

My heart felt like someone had cut through it with a knife. My heart went out to him. My jaw dropped open and my hand involuntarily went to cover my mouth. I almost couldn’t believe what I had just heard. Did she realize what she just said? Did she realize what just happened? I wanted him so much to have those shoes. They were what he truly wanted and he was told he could in no way have them.

Did I Just Witness A New Belief Being Formed?

Considering the energies of this situation, I believe I did witness a new belief being formed for that young boy. Will he now believe he cannot have what he truly wants? The possibility exists. In the time of about 2-3 seconds a new belief was more than likely formed. Will that belief serve him in a positive way? Who knows?

I truly hope the parents realized I had overheard the conversation. Perhaps it will be a wake-up call. I kept walking and finished my shopping. After going back to my car, I just sat there for about 15 minutes before driving on. I went over in my head about 15 different ways that situation could have had a better outcome. I felt an incredible sadness for that young boy.

As an adult, we can brush some of this stuff off, but a young child is fully reliant on a parent for everything, including beliefs.

The True Power Of Your Words

Please, please, please understand the power of your words. Understand just how quickly a new belief can be formed, especially with a young child.

When you are tired, stressed out, and cranky, that is exactly the time to be conscious of what you say to others. It matters. It matters a lot.

Do you want to know what your personal numbers are and what they mean in your life? Find out what makes you tick. Reveal your true nature and character and use it to change your life. - Get a free numerology report by clicking here.

Do you have the brain of a millionaire? Take this quiz and receive your personalized report plus video.

60-Second Life Success Quiz - Are you on the path to ultimate life success? Why leave it to chance? I highly recommend that you take this 60 second quiz and then check out your customized report that comes from it. Take the quiz now by clicking here.

Manifesting Through The Akashic Records - Have you ever wondered why some things seem so hard to manifest? Click here to watch this free webinar.

Patricia Sirianni - July 29, 2014

This was good for me to read ..I have been getting lots of nudges to not watch so much TV and be on the computer…so starting today I’m going to do the salads, walk, and Violet Flames….Thanks so much…will update you in 7 days…just looked at the time there the 33 numbers…. Again thank you!

Laurra Warnke - July 29, 2014

Hi Patricia,

Go for it! You can do it! Just be very clear about how many less hours you are going to be away from TV or the computer. Set actual times to step away, like from 5:30-7:30 no technology, or something like that. I find being very specific helps you in your level of commitment.

Nadine - July 29, 2014

I find myself taking plenty of Facebook breaks. Now I know its my intuition telling me that I need to. I find that when I take these breaks, I feel so much lighter while off of it and doing other things like reading or working on my self care. I think I feel another one coming up. Thank you for this !

Minna - July 29, 2014

Hey,

I have just last week gone through the same thing! I’ve done something similar before, so I knew from the start that it was a spiritual practice for commitment and sticking to the plan – and actually staying off Facebook was a sidekick to my more demanding project: to retreat to solitude at home, for 6 days without one single scheduled appointment or meeting. It worked, and I first of all got to go through both internal & external stuff (spill some tears that needed to be spilled, apparently, and clean up files & piles at home) and secondly, I uncorked another wave of creativity and thirdly, found myself coming out happier at the other end of the project – a lot of course only from being able to commit!
My first (concsiously created) experience with this was when I in 2008 or 2009 I did something I came to call an “information diet” which consisted of me being allowed to read nothing anywhere, and be online for only 15 minutes a day.. I don’t remember for how long; it must have been a week at least as it eventually became a joy and almost necessity. After this cleanse/detox I started writining poems (channeling them, more accurately), and then some time after that these poems turned into songs… which some time later led my life partner to find me… So. Yeah.

😀

Staying off/away from input allows that inner well to fill up in quite a different manner (at least to my experience). And after my social AND social media retreat last week, I find it a bit easier to stay focused, to hear myself that little bit better again. In my opinion irregularly regular media fasts are a very good addition to healthy living. It somehow, at least for me, also diminished my assumption that the world will stop turning if I’m not there to turn it. Turned out it doesn’t. Phew! 😉

And btw, thanks for a nice site & nice work!
I first came across you when looking for meaning of repeating numbers a couple of years ago… and yes, they are still messaging me, those numeric angels. 🙂
Minna’s last post ..BodymappingMy Profile

Laurra Warnke - July 29, 2014

Hi Minna,
    Thank you for sharing your experiences! I was glad to find out that the world had not stopped turning. 🙂

Susan Tyler - July 30, 2014

I actually got the message to stay off of my personal FB Page for a month. So July 1st I stopped checking it, using my iPad app to log only onto my Fan Pages to post about 3 x a week. I never missed it like I thought I would. Like you, I was spending (wasting) a lot of time reading posts, reacting, sharing, and posting and to what end? I was becoming frustrated, angry at some of the posts I felt were ill considered, offensive and/or in complete disagreement with what I stood for. I was very ready to walk away for a month and now that my month is almost up, I really do not have any strong desire to return to my personal pages. In my time away I have been able to organize my office, I’ve read several books for pleasure I’d been meaning to get to and because I kept my energy clear of the negativity I was absorbing off of FB, I had a significant spiritual download from Archangel Raphael for a Self Healing Meditation that has been my daily focus. This has spread to my intolerance of watching television programs that do not bring me 3 things – Did it make me laugh or feel good about the story? Was there any value to my spending the time watching the program? Was my life enhanced in any way shape or form from watching? I’ve unplugged from a lot of television by not being able to answer yes to all 3.

Laurra Warnke - July 30, 2014

Hi Susan,
    Thank you for sharing! I love the three questions for television watching. I can think of quite a few programs that wouldn’t make the cut.

Jacob - July 30, 2014

I’ve been off Facebook for 2 1/2 years. After I found out about what they were really about, I decided to jump ship. At first I missed it but that eventually passed. Sadly, I lost connection with some people. However, I have had a more enriching experience with people outside of social media and hardly anyone asks me if I have a Facebook account. Interestingly, most people I talk to either don’t have a social media account or they have one and don’t check it. My life is just fine without it. I figure, I lived my whole life sans 4 years without and I can go the rest of my life without it too.

Laurra Warnke - July 30, 2014

Hi Jacob,
    I appreciate you comment. It does make me remember what it was like in the years before Facebook. Yes, I got along just fine before. 🙂

Minna - July 30, 2014

Hi guys,
I have also been thinking about life before social media. Now 35, I grew up without internet in general and I’m really quite happy about knowing life both before it and after it.
I find it interesting (and kind of re-assuring), how certain things just become quite uninteresting as soon as they are off the radar. What comes to using or not using something, mostly it really seems to be about decision making, and how aligned with(in) and invested I am in the process.
Having said that, I haven’t had a TV in my household for fifteen years now (which doesn’t mean I never watch it or movies or cute kittens on youtube), and I can’t recall it being about anything else than me not being interested in investing a TV and pretty soon finding out I can manage without one. Then again – times were different in, say, 1999. Ah, being alive is the magic!! (to quote The Secret Garden) 🙂