Seeing Strange Faces Before Falling Asleep

by Laurra Warnke

Do you see a slide show of strange faces before you fall asleep? Rather like a psychic slide show of faces, yet you don’t actually know any of the people?

For those of you who have had this experience, I recommend keeping an intuitive journal of your experiences.

My Experience

Before going to sleep on more than a few occasions I have seen the faces of strangers, one after another. It is at a point where I am not fully asleep yet, but just drifting off. It is almost like a full color slide show of people whom I do not know. Each face is very clear for a moment or so, but gone in a few seconds and replaced with another face. The background is dark and I only see the faces. They are shown in full color and look like a photograph. I do not feel fearful of them, only curious really. Most of them are faces of women, only a few men.

It may make you feel like you are going a bit crazy!

Who are they and what am I supposed to know or learn from them?

It seems to happen when I have gone to bed a few minutes earlier than normal and have done a few deep breathing exercises to connect myself to my dream guide. Before I am fully in that state, but quite relaxed is when I begin to see the slide show of faces.

I have read that it may be spirits visiting me. My own thought was that it was potential people that I may be coming in contact with soon, perhaps those that were interested in getting a reading from me.

It seems these faces are definitely reflections of our own inner workings and thoughts, much like a mirror. It seems that this phenomena offers a small glimpse into the full future potential of our working mind and connecting to other aspects of yourself, maybe even in an alternate reality.

They could be family lineage, images picked up from the Akashic records, or perhaps even someone else’s thought patterns, or a precursor to astral travel.

In my research on this subject, I ran across an alternative explanation, that in which the faces represent the greater whole, that we are all connected to each other via time and space and we are all connected by the same source, seeing various aspects of the human experience.

More Resources on Seeing Visions before Sleep

Steve Pavlina Forum
Psychic Junkie

Astral Dynamics

Astral Dynamics by Robert Bruce

Robert Bruce’s book, Astral Dynamics: The Complete Book of Out-of-Body Experiences has been recommended more than a few times, saying it goes in depth on this phenomena on seeing strange faces before sleep.

I haven’t read it yet, but put it on my wish list for future reading. Check it out if you like.

First Name * Email *

About Laura Warnke

Laurra Warnke is an empath who helps you define your life purpose by viewing your Akashic record from a soul level perspective. Through intuitive readings, energy clearings, and life purpose mentoring, she works with your Guides to define your life’s purpose, embrace your soul level gifts, clear energetic blocks, and bring back the passion and spirit to your life

elpidio July 21, 2011 at 10:30 am

Why we sometimes get to dream, is this all normal to have a dream?
elpidio’s last post ..GOD BLESSES US SO THAT WE MIGHT BLESS OTHERSMy Profile

Tina Stine September 9, 2011 at 3:02 pm

On a nightly bases I see faces right before I fall a sleep, although I am a medium I do not do readings. I live in an area that no one would travel too any way. but I also some times have plenty of eyes and I seem to go threw the black spot in the middle and many more until I am totally out to sleep. I dream a lot, and I keep a journal by the bed, but never remember all of my dreams when I wake to even write them down. I really enjoy your site, I have thought I was crazy for many many years. I see spirits, can pick up on many things about a person but really have no control yet to cut it off to allow myself to rest. I have a lot going on but too much to write. but thank you for being here so I know I am ok, just different! Tina

susilo October 19, 2011 at 9:50 am

Hi Laura. I jumped to ur site and find that urs is amusing! My friend tells me that he saw a face when he was about to sleep, but its not human’s face. that face resembles like a mask.. (it has humans features, like 2 eyes, nose, teeth, etc) but looks like coming from a mask. maybe u can give us some insight?

Laura October 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Hi Susilo,

Thanks for stopping by! Nice to meet you.

I wish I could give you some guidance on your question, but have not had any personal experiences seeing a mask.

Danielle December 27, 2012 at 5:28 pm

I know you wrote this some time ago but it came up while i was doing a google search. I just started seeng faces as I close my eyes. Sometimes I see other things. Right before I looked this up i closed my eyes and shot awake saying “what about the south?” I know my 4 month old sees spirits in our house….ive caught orbs over him in photos as he was babbling at the air. This has all started since e was born. Not really sure what this is all about :)

Lori May 3, 2014 at 2:48 am

This has literally happened to me every time I try to fall asleep…my brother experiences it, as well. I’m 47 and it’s been happening all of my life. The face appear close and as soon as I try to remember every detail, it fades back and a new face appears, men and women. I’ve never felt afraid, just curious. I would love to know the real meaning behind it. Fascinating, and so glad I’m not alone.

ben June 28, 2014 at 8:34 pm

This happens to me all the time. Used to, the faces were always gold (like they were lit from within — like a lamp) with no background, but lately i’m seeing them in full color with backgrounds. some are aware of me, some aren’t. some seem to be talking to me or even moving closer and screaming… but it’s like they’re on mute. I don’t know any of them.

I think the calm curiosity is tied to the state they happen in. I’ve never felt anything BUT that unless I thought about them in another mindstate.

interesting site, btw.

Kim August 6, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Yes this used to happen to me most nights and I used to mostly feel comforted by them – hasn’t happened for a few years now and I miss my faces. Different races and ages – would love to get them back