100 Things About Me
Sometimes in the blogging world, things seem to get a little too digital and you might wonder who is really behind the scenes doing all the writing on a blog or website. So, in the spirit of opening up a bit to everyone, I am sharing a few things about me.
This post was totally inspired by my friend Julie from A Clear Sign. Check out Julie’s 100 Things about Me post.
As Julie asked on her blog, jot down any thoughts that come up as you read through my list. I also ask that in the comments you share at least one thing about you. I love getting to know more about who reads my blog.
I also invite anyone else that owns a blog to keep the inspiration going and write their own 100 things about me post.
100 Things About Me
1. I love hard rock music. My favorites are AD/DC, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Motley Crue, Guns and Roses, and the like.
2. I really dislike brussel sprouts. Nasty little things.
3. I spend a LOT of time in front of the computer.
4. I did not acknowledge my intuitive abilities until about age 38-39 or so.
5. I like cats and dogs equally well, with a small favor toward dogs, yellow labs in particular.
6. When I was young, I would sit in the middle of the lawn and the cats would all come to me and purr and curl up on my lap without me calling them. No one else could get them to do that.
7. I grew up and worked on a working dairy farm until I went to college.
8. I really miss the cows. They were all pets of mine and I knew all 130+ by name. Every one of them have distinct personalities. My favorite cow of all time was named Faith. That seems rather funny now…
9. I love Italian food and am learning to cook real Italian recipes and have turned out some wonderful authentic Italian meatballs, homemade marinara sauce, shrimp scampi, and homemade ravioli. I have absolutely no Italian heritage.
10. I started my first website back in 98-99 and sold handmade quilts.
11. I sold 56 5′ x 5′ square bear paw pattern wall quilts to Walt Disney World that my mom and I completed over a two year period 99-2000. They were for condos at the Key West Resorts. I wish I would have been able to make it down there back then to see them hanging. I still have the invoices as memoirs, complete with mouse ears. I wonder if they are still there, but I doubt it. The Florida sun fades fabric quickly.
12. Since my son was born, I have sewn only 2 quilts in the past 10 years. I do miss quilting and sewing. I still have a good fabric stash.
13. I own and operate two other websites besides this one.
14. I started both of them part time in 2005 and 2006, this blog in 2009.
15. I want to vacation in Jamaica. I just have this thought process that I must see the exceptionally blue water for myself at least once. Sometimes I think that the vacation photos are doctored up somehow, but anyone that I know that has been to Jamaica says that the water really is that blue.
16. I want to vacation in Las Vegas. Bring on the bling!
17. Learning Reiki was one of the best things I could have ever done for myself.
18. I went to college for a major that I am not currently fully using.
19. I majored in Apparel Design and Manufacturing in college and graduated with honors in 4 years. I also took minors in Speech and Art.
20. Even though I took forensics (public speaking) in college and high school, I still do not like speaking in front of a group.
21. My favorite colors are purple and red.
22. I am an Aries. I also have a LOT of Aries in my astrological chart.
23. I have seen repeating numbers since about age 38-39. It was the beginning of what led me on this path of healing and accepting my intuitive abilities.
24. Each ring that I wear represents something. My wedding ring, a mother’s ring with all of our birthstones, a ring of silver I made in an Art Metals class in college and a Black Hills Gold ring from our many trips to Sturgis, SD.
25. I am still a biker even though I don’t get to ride much these days. No, I do not have my license. Just a passenger at this point.
26. My husband and I have made the pilgrimage to Sturgis, SD for the annual motorcycle rally for 10 years (not consecutive) from 1989 to 2001. We always rode the 14 hour trip. We never put the bike on a trailer. We rode. We camped. We drank. We ate. The only thing that stopped us from our annual trip was our son being born.
27. The best part about South Dakota is getting on the bike at 7:00 am and traveling near Highmore, SD and watching the sun come up over all the sunflower fields. Just breathtaking.
28. I do not have any tattoos yet. I always told myself I wouldn’t get one until I was absolutely sure that I could live with it for a lifetime. I do have an idea of what I might want these days. I will let you guess in the comments as to what that might be.
29. I have worked on my parents farm, as a hotel housekeeper, in retail store clothing and fabric departments, as an interior design consultant, a graphic artist at a sign shop, a CAD operator, and the last 11 years as an office manager for a financial representative until becoming self-employed last June.
30. I can sometimes be quite stubborn. Ask my husband or my parents. (Refer to # 22.)
31. My two favorite TV shows currently are Restaurant Impossible and Tabetha Takes Over. I don’t watch much more television than that.
32. I tend to live by my grandmother’s motto “When there’s a will, there’s a way”.
33. I am really glad I live in a fly-over state.
34. I am starting to have a really cool Seraphim Angel collection, about 10 so far.
35. I love healing crystals and gemstones. I have a tiny jade Buddha by my computer.
36. To say I went through a Dark Night of the Soul is an understatement, more like a dark year or two. The entire year of 2008 should be banished. I need to write about that.
37. I can’t eat dairy products, except in very small amounts. (Refer to # 7) There’s one for the therapists couch! Some day I will delve into healing around that.
38. My 25th class reunion is this summer. That is just wrong on so many levels. My mom agrees as her 25th class reunion only seems to have occurred about 5 years ago.
39. My 20th wedding anniversary is also this year.
40. Some of my favorite movies are The Matrix (all of them), Star Wars (all of them), Harry Potter (all of them), Ferris Beuhler’s Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Marley and Me, and Caddyshack.
41. Politics? Places hands over ears (lalalalalalalalalala). I much prefer Quantum Physics.
42. I really dislike fluorescent lights. Sorry if I am not that “green”. They give off an erie glow that I do not connect with-at all. We have two in our living room lamps and if you see our house from the outside at night with the shades drawn, it casts the most erie light. I won’t let my husband put them in the bedroom, kitchen, or my office.
43. I pretty much ignored my Spirit Guides from age 17 to 38. They still love me though. Infinite Patience they have. 🙂
44. I wish I came from a “psychic” background. There were never any open conversations about such subjects in my parent’s household. Ever.
45. I thought at one point I might become an accountant. I took about 4 accounting classes and after that point, snooze city. No match there, but great learning for running your own business.
46. I memorize license plates of people I know.
47. I have a fairly dry sense of humor, much like my dad.
48. My favorite comic strips are Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes.
49. My favorite personal development books are many and varied. They are all exactly what I needed to hear at the time.
50. The last book I read was “Breaking Loose from the Money Game”. If you really get this book, there is no need for any other personal development books. I understand but have not crossed over into Phase 2 yet. Mind blowing stuff.
51. I am treasurer for my son’s Scout Pack.
52. I never thought I would have a child, but now I do not know life without a child.
53. My son is a total heart centered empath, as I am much the same. I guess it is my job now to help him through that. It drives my husband crazy sometimes.
54. Whenever I connect to my guides, they many times answer me in song. Right now, as I write this post, the song “One thing Leads to Another” by the Fixx is going through my head. I haven’t actually heard that song played on the radio in years.
55. Whenever I think of my High School ex-boyfriend, the song “Poison” by Alice Cooper plays in my head.
56. I can channel pretty well and love automatic writing.
57. I love eating raw lemons.
58. I also like lima beans. ( I know, I am one of the few.)
59. Even though my heritage is mainly Norwegian, I have never tried lutefisk. It scares me a bit. Nobody really likes lutefisk.
60. I do love lefse, though.
61. I love working in my flower gardens.
62. My favorite flower is probably a Stargazer Lily. I do love tulips also. Any fragrant variety, really.
63. I own 9 decks of tarot cards.
64. My current favorite tarot deck is Wisdom of the Hidden Realms by Colette Baron-Reid.
65. I really can’t play most video games. I just don’t get them or the controls. I used to like Moon Patrol and Ms. Pac Man back in the 80’s, but was not really very good at either of them. We do have a Wii system though and I do like Guitar Hero quite well.
66. I don’t think I have ever sent a text message. Yikes, showing my age here.
67. I have more meditations and personal development recordings on my phone than music.
68. I initially went into this spiritual journey kicking and screaming.
69. About 14-15 years ago, I bargained with my Spirit Guides to put off my life purpose for another 10 years. They obliged. But look, here we are now.
70. My first concert I ever attended was Hall and Oates. I was 14 if I remember right. I had to do a LOT of begging to get to go to that concert.
71. The best concert I attended was AC/DC. They still give it their all, even after all these years.
72. My favorite AC/DC song is “It’s a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll”. So true. Raw desire and courage.
73. We blow out a lot of light bulbs in our house, much more than normal, particularly in my office and the kitchen. (Refer to #42.)
74. If we get another dog, it would be a yellow lab. It has been almost 6 years since we have had a dog.
75. I learned first hand that standing next to the rather large speakers of a band playing at a bar is a really good way to damage your hearing.
76. I am quite comfortable being by myself and hardly ever find myself lonely.
77. I know I was put upon the Earth to help others in a larger way than I ever imagined.
78. Getting to know yourself and what you are capable of is one of the most challenging and rewarding gifts of self-employment.
79. The more I speak and write about my passion, the more it becomes a part of me and the more it becomes clear as to my life purpose.
80. My two best girl friends in high school were brunette and red head. I am blonde. Look out, trouble coming your way when the three of us got together.
81. I have never dyed my hair except for one time in 9th grade when I tried a bottle of Sun In on my hair. My hairdresser did not think that was a good thing at all.
82. I really believe the body and mind have the ability to heal on their own.
83. I take no prescriptions and hardly ever any OTC medicines, except for an occasional Ibuprofin, perhaps once per month.
84. My husband has taken a liking to guitarist Joe Bonamassa, and I must say, the guy is really good. Check him out if you like rock/blues music and are looking for something new. We saw him in concert and it was awesome!
85. I believe that you don’t have to give up everything you enjoy to become spiritual. You are what you are. That is what makes you distinctly you.
86. I once had a nasty experience with some type of entity in my bedroom when I was about 8 or 9. It wasn’t from the positive realms, that’s for sure. I have never forgotten it.
87. I once tried a Ouija board with some girlfriends at a sleepover. Just don’t do that.
88. I sometimes have a hard time finishing things I start.
So, what about you? What thoughts came to mind while reading this? Please share them in the comments and also add one thing about yourself. I look forward to the responses and getting to know everyone better.